What is ‘Online’?
Online refers to the virtual world that can be accessed by anyone that has an internet connection. In the field of casino, online casino involves playing a vast array of classic and modern casino games from the comfort of your own home – or even on the go should you own a modern smart phone as you are then able to play via mobile casinos.
Being online means that you’re connected to a complex and expansive system of networks that bring you closer to just about any part of the planet. Through the use of a PC, laptop, tablet or mobile phone, you can gain access to all of this and all the websites that are available to you. Available websites will entirely depend on your country or ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Once online, you can sign up to a plethora of reputable gambling websites, such as BetOnline.com or Ladbrokes.com, and safely engage in whatever games the virtual houses offer or specialise in.
There are many pros and cons to online gaming.
• With countless players from around the world frequenting popular sites, you will never be short of someone to play with.
• Some websites will showcase unique offers to entice you in. Not something you see in the average ‘house’ due to the wall of competition that websites face on a daily basis.
• Total convenience. There’s no need to put on a nice shirt and smart shoes to enjoy a high-end online experience. You can sit in your dressing gown or weekend-wear to play against players of a high caliber in a virtual room that suits you.
• Possible connection issues. While this problem occurs less as technology advances, there is sometimes the risk of your wi-fi disconnecting, which may result in you being offline for a minute or so. Such an event can pull you from games, resulting in a loss of money or an abrupt end to a lengthy but enjoyable game.
• Abuse. Larger websites will heavily monitor the ‘chat functions’ of their games, but due to the size of some sites, responding to every issue in a timely manner is impossible. The anonymous nature of the internet can bring out the worst in some players, and abusive comments are not uncommon. This can put players ‘on tilt’ and suck the enjoyment out of a game.