- Barcrest launches latest Monopoly-themed slot game, Monopoly Bring the house down
- Game features many bonuses such as the special Hot Zone, plus original Monopoly-themed symbols
The Barcrest Group has developed and launched its latest Monopoly-themed online slot game and, just like the other titles in the famous financial franchise, the game is packed full of features and special bonuses.
The new title, Monopoly Bring the House Down, is a five-reels game with 40 paylines across four rows and can be played from as little as 10p per spin all the way up to £500. It can also be played on desktop, mobile and tablet.
As the game is developed by Barcrest (parent organisation is the Scientific Games Corporation), the slot features a Big Bet feature in which you are offered a series of five linked spins for a set price.
Special Hot Zone
In keeping with the original game, the higher value symbols feature the classic Monopoly dog, cat, car and ship, whilst other symbols include the more commonly seen playing cards of 10, J, Q, K and A.
Those familiar with the Monopoly board game will know that it has a number of features that contribute to the main game, and this latest slot offering is no different. During each spin a pattern of wilds (a Hot Zone) will appear and – if players are lucky enough – will land on the reels. These Hot Zones can then be upgraded to a hotel, which will add a multiplier value to any wins up to a maximum of x5.
Features features features
It is not just the Hot Zone that ‘Bring the House Down’ makes its mark. The game also includes a Free Spins feature, which is accessed when you get three Monopoly symbols on reels one, three and five simultaneously on the same spin.
Also in the game, there are three completely randomly activated modifier extras including:
- Bonus Drop Feature: this is earned if the Hot Zone pattern falls outside the reels. A Hot Zone will drop onto the reels with the potential to land wilds and multiplier wilds.
- Chance card feature: just like in the board game, chance cards play an important role. Choose one of the three chance cards to reveal a Hot Zone pattern, which is then dropped into a random position.
- Bonus Selector feature: Once this is active, a Hot Zone pattern will then randomly fall onto the reels. The clock then ticks for three seconds whilst you decide whether to keep the pattern or pass it.
There’s little doubting the popularity of Monopoly – in its original board game format its the best selling game of all time. While it’s fair to say that Bring the House Down may not reach those heady heights, there’s something pleasing about seeing those famous symbols and chance cards brought to life in an online slot format. The game isn’t just nice aesthetics either. The big bet feature, for example, is found in a lot of Barcrest’s titles and allows those slightly braver players to potentially earn a 98.10% RTP – pretty decent. The extent of features on offer in this title should make it a playable and popular title, if sometimes it can be a little confusing on first try. But stick with it and you’ll hopefully find ways to build the cash just like you can do in the real thing.
Want to try an online casino?
Choose an approved casino from our carefully selected list. VIEW CASINOS