PokerStars launches Usain Bolt-themed Zoom Poker

  • Olympic medal-winning runner Usain Bolt has lent his name to PokerStars’s Zoom Poker endeavor, a quicker, more interactive version of the traditional game
  • Playing it, gamblers can win up to $15,000 until the promotion ends on September 24

For the first time, online poker provider PokerStars has launched a celebrity-themed – more specifically, Usain Bolt – poker table as part of a new promotion it will be running. The tables will be called ‘PokerStars Zoom Usain Bolt Edition’.

PokerStars’ Zoom Poker tables lend themselves particularly well to bearing sprinter Bolt’s name – the multiple gold medal-winning athlete is famed for his reputation as the fastest man in the world.

usain Bolt PokerStars
Photo: PokerStars

The Jamaican reportedly has expressed his excitement at the new Zoom table, stating that the game is non-stop, competitive, and, above all, fun.

Zoom Poker vs. traditional poker

The only difference between these new promotional tables and the original versions are the fact that the former will bear Bolt’s name. However, that being said, PokerStars has also swapped out the poker tables’ classic padded rail for a racetrack – in case you needed reminding of Bolt’s athletic prowess.

Zoom Poker differs from regular poker in only a handful of ways. As opposed to sitting with a group of other players at a single poker table, participants of Zoom Poker choose the type of game they wish to play and select their bet, and they are then added to a bigger pool of players.

Another difference is the fact that when a player folds, unlike in regular poker games, this player will be moved onto another poker table immediately – comprising a new pool of players – to start the next hand and round.

This means that, as the name of the game suggests, the poker action is continual and there is no waiting around to unnecessarily see the full hand through to the end. However, this metric does mean that players might experience more difficulty in trying to read and get to know the habits of their opponents.

Players also face easier busting; hands are finished at a quicker pace. Though simultaneously, it may mean that they are able to win at a faster pace.

What’s up for grabs?

Under the very same promotion that the Bolt-themed tables will function, PokerStars aims to put out ‘Zoom Challenges’ on a daily and weekly basis until September 24, 2017. These challenges are called ‘Road to Glory’ challenges, and they will give players the opportunity to win as much as $5,000 each day.

Furthermore, as an added extra, those who finish the necessary challenges will have their reward increased by threefold, up to a total of $15,000, for the weekly challenge.

Going for the personalized approach, PokerStars seems to have tailored these challenges to individual players. One example of this is that while some players must win nine cash games (which needn’t be Zoom Poker hands) in under 15 minutes, others need only win six under the same conditions. Up to 20 chances are given are given to players to complete each of these challenges.

Estimates are that players have an almost 70% chance to win 50 cents, a 30% chance of doubling that figure, a 1% likelihood to win $2, and a 0.5% chance of winning $10. To win the full $5,000, players have a very slim chance, at around 0.001%.

David Carrion, the director of marketing at PokerStars, has referred to Zoom Poker as the quickest poker game that the world has to offer, and that it gives players an intense experience and a rush of adrenaline. He has reportedly also called Usain Bolt an “ideal fit” for the endeavor, claiming that having him on the team will attract numerous new players.

Approved Casinos

Want to try an online casino? Approved Casinos

Choose an approved casino from our carefully selected list. VIEW CASINOS