- New NetEnt’s game revisits a well-known theme of the luck of the Irish, with a nice soundtrack and familiar symbols
- The game introduces a completely new gameplay, doing away with traditional reels and introducing a progressive bonus features system
Finn and the Swirly Spin – try to say that quickly three times and see what you end up with.
Although it is definitely a mouthful, NetEnt decided this is a perfect name for their latest slot, and once you dig under the surface, you can see why.
It is the reels, or lack of them in any conventional sense, which gives this slot its name.
Luck of the Irish at work again
Finn and the Swirly Spin features an Irish theme, with traditional Irish music playing in the background, setting up the stage. Game’s hero, Finn, is right there on the side of the reels, playing his flute and joyfully dancing to celebrate any big wins.
However, if you thought Finn and the Swirly Spin is yet another five-reel, X-paylines type of slot, you are very wrong.
This slot features a very interesting gameplay, with symbols moving in a circle, from the outside to the center. Winning combinations explode away, making room for the new symbols to enter the screen, as the remaining symbols move closer towards the center.
You need to match at least of the same symbol, horizontally or vertically, for a winning payline. As for the symbols, they’re pretty much what you’d expect from a slot featuring this theme: shamrocks, horseshoes, acorns, rubies, etc.
Progressive feature system
Apart from removing winning symbols to make room for new ones, the game will also create one wild Star symbol for every non-wild winning combination.
When these stars help create new combos, they will explode, destroying adjacent symbols and creating even more room on the swirly reels.
Finn and the Swirly Spin uses a progressive feature system, which means there are several options when you trigger the bonus round, but you first need to unlock them.
To get into the bonus round, you’ll need to see the Key symbol travel all the way to the middle, where it will be used to unlock a magical bonus keyhole.
When you enter the magical land of free spins, there are four choices on offer, with only the first one being available for the first time.
- The Star Bar – seven free spins with at least two wild stars added to every spin and guaranteed wins
- The Lava Lair – available after collecting four keys – three spins with sticky wilds and the Dragon Destroy feature are active
- The Lucky Mug – available after collecting nine keys – four spins with the Irish Luck feature, adding a full line of a random symbol on all non-winning spins
- Golden Pot – available after 16 keys – only two free spins, with all lower paying symbols transforming into higher-paying ones (Magic Transform feature)
Where to play
Finn and the Swirly Spin is, without doubt, an innovative slot, with immersive bonus features.
The fact the game doesn’t use traditional reels is also a big plus as it makes the entire experience really fresh and different.
Want to try an online casino?
Choose an approved casino from our carefully selected list. VIEW CASINOS