Who regulates online casinos in the USA?
Gambling in the US is regulated a little differently than it is in the UK. US law has progressed in recent decades, making casinos and small card game venues a common occurrence in most cities, which of course includes Vegas!
Overall, gambling in the US is legal under federal law.
Still, a few acts such as the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act seek to regulate establishments and make it more difficult for gambling providers to offer betting and payment services. The individual states have their own regulations and prohibitions for online gambling, though, so it might be a good idea to make sure the online casino you’re gambling with is regulated or licensed properly under its governing law.View all FAQs
- What role does the UK Gambling Commission play in regulating online casinos?
- How do I use bonuses at online casinos?
- Which casinos accept PayPal?
- Which online casinos offer the best sign up bonuses?
- How secure are my personal details and other data at online casinos?
- Who regulates online casinos in the UK?