Who regulates online casinos in the UK?
In the UK, the Gambling Commission regulates providers of gambling such as arcades, betting, bingo and casinos. It works by licensing operators and individuals, which includes casinos with online gambling software, and setting out legislation that has to be adhered to.
However, the Gambling Commission does not regulate all online casinos, only those directed at consumers in Great Britain. You can find out how to check if a site is licensed here: gamblingcommission.gov.uk
If you find a regulated casino you like, you can play safe in the knowledge that, working alongside businesses and organisations, the Gambling Commission makes sure that gambling with licensed UK casinos is safe, fair and most importantly fun.
- How does the UK Gambling Commission benefit players?
- Can I play online casinos from overseas territories?
- Can I use strategy when playing online?
- I won some money, how long until I am paid?
- Which online casino games have the best odds?
- How secure are my personal details and other data at online casinos?